Multiresidual method of mycotoxin determination using high performance liquid chromatography in connection with tandem mass spectrometry (LC / MS / MS). The method is designed for the analysis of a wide range of mycotoxins in fruit, cereals, feed mixtures and other samples of plant origin.
VUOS owns a license from the SÚJB to handle aflatoxins and trichothecen toxins. VUOS has a broad experiences with the detection and determination of following mycotoxins: Aflatoxins (B1, G1, B2, G2), Alternariol, Alternariol-9-methyl ether, Deoxynivalenol, Fumonisin (FB1, FB2), HT2 toxin, Tenuazonic acid, Zearalenone.
Regulations governing the methodology for the determination of selected mycotoxins in VUOS:
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1881/2006 of 19 December 2006 setting maximum levels for certain contaminants in foodstuffs. The following are specifically limited: aflatoxins: B1, sum B1, B2, G1, G2, aflatoxin M1, ochratoxin A, DON (deoxynivalenol = vomitoxin), zearalenone, fumonisins B1 and B2. For T-2 and HT-2 toxins, the limits are not yet established
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1126/2007 of 28 September 2007 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 setting maximum levels for certain contaminants in foodstuffs as regards Fusarium toxins in maize and amending Regulation products from maize
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2015/1137 of 13 July 2015 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 as regards the maximum limit of ochratoxin A in Capsicum spp.
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 165/2010 of 26 February 2010 amending Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 setting maximum levels for certain contaminants in foodstuffs as regards aflatoxins
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 519/2014 of 16 May 2014 amending Regulation (EC) No. No 401/2006 as regards methods of sampling for large batches, spices and food supplements, performance criteria for T-2 toxin, HT-2 toxin and citrinin, and screening methods for analysis
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION 2 Directorate General for Health and Consumer Protection, SANCO / 825/00 rev. 8.1 6 16/11/2010
This method is primarily used for validation of monitored analytes in the GLP system.